This is your monthly guide to NASA launches, observing the planets, celestial events, moon phases, this day in space history, and other astronomy resources.
Archive for month: May, 2015
Our Next Event
Watch Here - Our next event will be posted here. View our current and previous events.
Recent Day4.org Updates
Current Moon Phase
The Sun Now: Sunspots
- Omnipotent Creator or God Particle? [Podcast] June 22, 2017Does science support the Big Bang? Should Christians trust scientific headlines? ICR physicist Dr. Jake Hebert provides answers to common questions about origins, the Big Bang, and the scientific method. From the ocean floor to the physics of outer space, join Dr. Hebert in examining the science, logic, and historical data that indicate a young […]
- Visiting the Ark Encounter June 19, 2017About 40 minutes south of Cincinnati, Ohio, an Ark of biblical dimensions sits atop a Kentucky hill near Interstate 75. Open for about a year now, the Ark Encounter—sponsored by Answers in Genesis—sees thousands of visitors every day. Is it worth the trip? More...
- New Doubts about Dinosaur Feathers June 15, 2017Scholarly illustrations, museum mock-ups, and even children’s cartoons show tyrannosaurs covered in feathers. Two new fossil descriptions give reasons to doubt the tales of feathered dinosaurs. More...
- Mars Rover Opportunity on Walkabout Near Rim June 23, 2017NASA's senior Mars rover, Opportunity, is examining rocks at the edge of Endeavour Crater for signs that they may have been either transported by a flood or eroded in place by wind.
- Witness Cassini's Finale at Saturn Live from JPL June 22, 2017NASA invites social media users to apply for access to Cassini end-of-mission events at JPL, culminating with the spacecraft's entry into Saturn's atmosphere early Sept. 15.
- Why No One Under 20 Has Experienced a Day Without NASA at Mars June 22, 2017As the Mars Pathfinder spacecraft approached its destination on July 4, 1997, no NASA mission had successfully reached the Red Planet in more than 20 years.
- SOHO's 20th Birthday December 2, 2015SOHO was launched on 2 December 1995, for what was originally planned as a two-year mission. Twenty years later, it's still going strong.
- SOLAR PICK: SOHO COMET CONTEST WINNERS September 15, 2015We are pleased to announce the winner and runner-ups in our SOHO 3000th comet contest. The entries had to guess the time and date of perihelion (closest approach to the Sun) of our 3000th comet discovery...
- SOHO featured in the APOD November 3, 2015SOHO is featured in the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Help support us. Visit one of our sponsors above. Have a product, conference, or event you would like to show here? Contact us today.