Our August issue includes observing the planets, celestial events, videos, web sites, and other resources to aid in your night sky viewing.
Read more →
Archive for month: August, 2014
Our Next Event
Watch Here - Our next event will be posted here. View our current and previous events.
Recent Day4.org Updates
Current Moon Phase
The Sun Now: Sunspots
- ICR's Discovery Center: Reaching New Generations April 26, 2017Last week, ICR broke ground on its new Discovery Center for Science and Earth History. Special speakers included Henry Morris III, Jason Lisle, Beck Director Kip Daniel, and Pastor Robert Jeffress. With cutting-edge technology, this center will showcase the scientific evidence that affirms the biblical account of origins. More...
- High Frequency Mosquito Flight Shows Design April 24, 2017The fossil record shows that the amazing variety of insects has remained similar with no compelling evidence of insect evolution. Evolutionists state, “Recent research is causing zoologists to rethink their perceptions of arthropod phylogeny.” More...
- ICR Breaks Ground for New Discovery Center April 21, 2017After more than 45 years of ministry, the Institute for Creation Research just dug into its biggest project yet! On April 21, 2017, ICR held the groundbreaking ceremony for the long-awaited Discovery Center for Science and Earth History. More...
- 'Iceball' Planet Discovered Through Microlensing April 26, 2017Scientists have discovered a new planet with the mass of Earth, orbiting its star at the same distance that we orbit our sun.
- NASA Study Challenges Long-held Tsunami Formation Theory April 26, 2017A new NASA study is challenging a long-held theory that tsunamis form and acquire their energy mostly from vertical movement of the seafloor.
- Dawn Observing Ceres; 3rd Reaction Wheel Malfunctions April 26, 2017NASA's Dawn spacecraft is preparing to observe Ceres on April 29 from an "opposition" position, directly between the dwarf planet's mysterious Occator Crater and the sun.
- SOHO's 20th Birthday December 2, 2015SOHO was launched on 2 December 1995, for what was originally planned as a two-year mission. Twenty years later, it's still going strong.
- SOLAR PICK: SOHO COMET CONTEST WINNERS September 15, 2015We are pleased to announce the winner and runner-ups in our SOHO 3000th comet contest. The entries had to guess the time and date of perihelion (closest approach to the Sun) of our 3000th comet discovery...
- SOHO featured in the APOD November 3, 2015SOHO is featured in the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Help support us. Visit one of our sponsors above. Have a product, conference, or event you would like to show here? Contact us today.