Please join us on Friday July 29, 2016 at 8:30pm for an evening under the stars. Come earlier at 7:00pm if you want to view the Sun from a Solar Telescope. Come see Mars, Jupiter and Saturn along with other astronomical objects (Weather Permitting).
- WHEN: Friday, July 29, beginning at 8:30pm (or come at 7:00pm if you would like to view the sun through a solar telescope)
- WHERE: Next to the Prestonwood Baptist Church pond in Plano, Texas. Address: 6801 W. Park Blvd. Plano, TX 75093 (Click here for a Google Map and directions).
- WHAT TO BRING: Invite all your friends and family! Bring your picnic blankets, lawn chairs, snacks, drinks, camera, telescopes, bug spray, etc…
Please check the PrestonwoodExamine.org or Day4.org website after 6pm on Friday to be sure the event is still on in case of cancelation due to cloud cover or inclement weather.
Our Next Event
Recent Day4.org Updates
Current Moon Phase
The Sun Now: Sunspots
- Anthropology, Archaeology, and Asteroids [Podcast] August 21, 2017Fascinating creatures and terrifying cataclysms riddle the timeline of Earth history. What can we learn about the pre-Flood world, the origin of humanity, and other scientific mysteries? ICR geologist and Research Associate Dr. Tim Clarey examines groundbreaking evidence that confirms the Genesis narrative. More...
- The Created Sun and Moon [Podcast] August 17, 2017What does Scripture say about the sun and the moon? How do these two “great lights” rule the heavens? In this special episode of Science, Scripture, & Salvation, Dr. Jim Johnson describes the sun and moon’s impact on our planet, as well as their effects on plants, animals, and humans. He also sheds light on […]
- Ancient Canaanite DNA Confirms Biblical Accuracy August 14, 2017New DNA research shows that modern Lebanese are descended from ancient Canaanite people. The Israelites allowed these Phoenician tribes to remain in the land they conquered thousands of years ago, just as revealed in the Bible. More...
- What to Expect When Viewing the Eclipse August 17, 2017NASA's Eyes on the Eclipse application offers an easy preview of the event for any location.
- An Insider's Guide to Voyager: 1977-2017 August 17, 2017From the first detection of active volcanoes outside Earth to the first up-close images of Neptune, the 40-year Odyssey of NASA's Voyager mission is full of unforgettable memories.
- Q&A: What Happens During a Total Eclipse? August 17, 2017Photos can't do justice to the in-person experience, according to an eclipse-chaser at JPL.
- SOHO's 20th Birthday December 2, 2015SOHO was launched on 2 December 1995, for what was originally planned as a two-year mission. Twenty years later, it's still going strong.
- SOLAR PICK: SOHO COMET CONTEST WINNERS September 15, 2015We are pleased to announce the winner and runner-ups in our SOHO 3000th comet contest. The entries had to guess the time and date of perihelion (closest approach to the Sun) of our 3000th comet discovery...
- SOHO featured in the APOD November 3, 2015SOHO is featured in the Astronomy Picture of the Day.
Help support us. Visit one of our sponsors above. Have a product, conference, or event you would like to show here? Contact us today.